RBBi are an ambitious, passionate and fast growing Digital Performance and UX agency based in Dubai.
As a Finance Intern with RBBi you will have the opportunity to work and build networks with some fantastic well known brands on both a regional and global basis. We’re a fast growing business and opportunities are significant for individuals with the right passion, knowledge and attitude.
While some work experience in a finance or similarly commercial environment is beneficial, the most important criteria is a genuine interest and passion for finance coupled with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed. The role is suitable for a recent graduate or someone with 0-1 or 1-2 years of work experience.
The role will involve working with a team of 2 to gain valuable work experience related to Financial reporting, analysis and mid-level involvement with UAE accounting and audit practises. You will be working closely with the Finance Manager and Finance Analyst to further develop your skills on the following:
- Assist with budget and forecasting processes and analysis
- Accurate processing of invoices, statement of accounts and follow ups in a timely manner.
- Processing and allocating vendor bills to various chart of accounts and ensuring the bills are well differentiated between CGS/Operating expenses/Intercompany transactions.
- Bank Reconciliation, monthly/annually.
- Management Accounting and further maintenance, utilisation, development of excel spreadsheets.
- Liaising with the auditors to sort discrepancies between transactions on the accounting software to further finalise audit reports on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Keep up-to-date accounting data on company’s accounting software, including but not limited to journal entries, general ledger, wages, client/vendor data, cost of service, sales and other operating expenses.
- Cash flow planning and management.
- Monthly finalisation of wages.
- Manage/review petty cash and other office/operating expenses.
- Assist Finance manager with monthly reporting, analysis, expense reports, P&L statements.
- Networking to build and maintain relationships with Finance teams from our current client database.
- Understand/gain substantial knowledge of the industry/product/service which will help further growth from a financial standard point.
- Protect Operations by maintaining financial/operational information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team efforts within finance to streamline processes while also working with other departments as a part of the job.
- Other basic/ad hoc administrative duties.
- Maintaining relationships with company’s business banking accounts and coordinating with customer services for timely resolution of day-to-day banking issues.
Essential Skills and Other Requirements
- Will need to have actively pursued subjects such as Finance/Accounts as a part of their University curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Adaptive to changes, meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and willing to work in a high pressured work environment.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, learning, leadership, organisational, time-management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with ease in a diverse/multi cultural environment.
- Fluent English working proficiency is a must.
- Proud to contribute towards a better, more efficient work culture.
- Must be authorised to work in a UAE and is currently sponsored under spouse/parent.
- High level of integrity, accountability, accuracy, dependability.
- Must display an eagerness to learn.
- Comfortable with Windows Operating Systems.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
The period of internship will be decided based on prior working experience.
Working hours at the agency are Sunday to Thursday 9am to 6pm. (40 working hours per week)
Post Internship, the right candidate will have the opportunity to work full time within RBBi and will be entitled to enjoy all the benefits of working as employee within the agency including but not limited to 22 days annual vacation, competitive health insurance, discounted gym membership, annual flight to home country.
You can apply via the RBBi careers page by hitting ‘apply’ for the relevant opening and filling in the necessary details.
If you chose to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please remember to include a cover letter detailing your internship stipend expectation, current visa status and notice period/availability to join us.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage you to apply by the 6th of October 2016.